• 10 ounces cheddar cheese, sharp
• 1.2 ounces Sodium citrate
• 10 ounces whole milk
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1-3 whole chipotle chili (packed in adobo), ribbed, seeded and diced
• 4 ounces green chilis, roasted, if canned, drained
1. Preheat the Sous Vide Circulator to 167 °F / 75 °C
2. Cut cheese into small pieces or alternatively grate.
4. Using a VacMaster chamber machine vacuum pack the bag and after it’s sealed agitate gently to disperse the sodium citrate.
5. Place the bag in the preheated water bath and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and hot.
6. Carefully remove the bag from the water, snip off a corner of the bag and pour the melted cheese into a suitable sized mixing bowl. While the mixture is still hot using a stick blender process the cheese mixture until you obtain a smooth sauce.
7. Using a rubber spatula gently fold in the diced chipotles and green chilis then season with the salt.
8. Use immediately while warm or let cool thoroughly and place into a suitable VacMaster bag and vacuum seal, and refrigerate until needed.